The Assistant Community Manager assist in all aspects of the operation of the property: general administration, maintenance, leasing, resident relations, collection of rent, and control of all personnel and resources; under the direction of the Community Manager, ensures the property is always maintained in good physical condition and with a stabilized fiscal operation. This is a safety sensitive role.
- Manages new home inventory as appropriate to protect the value of the asset through proper set-up, inspections, title, utilities etc. until sale is complete and perform weekly property visits to evaluate compliance with community policies regarding parking, curb appeal, pets, and property maintenance.
- Maximize the overall operating performance and return on investment by managing occupancy, delinquency, violations and curb appeal/maintenance of the community infrastructure.
- Direct sales and marketing activity. This includes having up to date sales materials, home flyers, banners and promotions posted and available to potential buyers. Also, making sure homes for sale are posted on -appropriate sites such as Craig’s list, Facebook and other sites. Follow-up on lead management. Processing and completing all sales paperwork.
- Responsible for the hiring, onboarding, training and performance management of the maintenance technicians and assistant managers of the property.
- Ensure that all rents are collected by months end and that handled delinquency accounts are handled.
- Prepares budget for labor and operational costs, responsible for managing labor and operational costs to ensure compliance with budget. Full accountability of budget performance and development.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required;
- 3 years of related management experience in retail, hospitality or property management preferred;
- Experience in Customer service or resident relations
- Proficiency in office productivity software; proficiency in rent management-based software preferred
- Ability to understand and apply company policies, local, state and federal regulations regarding facility management and fair housing.
- Must be flexible, willing to work Saturdays, and able to adapt in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred
- Treats everyone with respect, compassion and kindness – Builds internal respect and loyalty with customers. Demonstrates concern for customers. Effectively responds to customer needs. This includes responding timely to requests, listening to others, and seeking to understand others when there are differences of opinion, finding ways to build on each other’s ideas. Acts with empathy and focus, while able to resolve problems.
- Demonstrate integrity, transparency and doing things the right way – Makes lemonade out of lemons. This includes following policies, demonstrating financial responsibility with Lakeshore assets, complying with state and federal law, and practicing safety. Conforms to the highest professional standard. Turns challenges into wins.
- Collaboration and team work – Involve key stakeholders in decision making. This includes developing and maintaining positive work relationships. Enhances the level of mutual cooperation. Actively participates in team-oriented objectives and activities. Focuses on team success, over individual.
- Solves problems and is transparent about outcomes – Champions new initiatives beyond the scope of the department. Seeks to improve in all aspects of work performance. Creates an environment of continuous improvement and innovation. Encourages people to maintain high standards of quality and thoroughness.
- Serves our employees and residents to improve their lives – This includes maintaining the property that creates curb appeal, a welcoming community environment, supports individual and family activities, creates a sense of neighborhood. At work, continually challenges self to grow and develop to be the best you can be at work.
- Developing Fellowship – The ability to influence others through insight, logic and communication in a positive way to attain results. Inspires and motivates others to achieve goals, complete task and deliver discretionary effort. Is a consistent role model of the Lakeshore values, leadership competencies, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Implementing the Vision – The ability to articulate the vision and get others to take responsibility through training, setting clear and transparent expectation, managing performance, providing early, often, and actionable feedback. Provides appropriate tools and resources for employees to implement vision and tactics. Delegates effectively.
- Following Through – The ability to create plans, check-in periodically to insure progress is being made, and assist as appropriate to remove barriers, helps others learn from mistakes and insure task are completed. Also includes, asking tough questions, facing disagreements, and managing conflict constructively. Holds self and others accountable to agree upon expectations.
- Achieving Results – Sets challenging goals, stays focused on results, and builds a culture where employees want to provide maximum contribution. Demonstrate leadership by challenging status quo, taking a stand, have healthy, respectful debate to improve processes and outcome.
- Team playing – Builds credible and trustworthy working relationships with boss, peers and subordinates. Develop followers to use their strengths and help them achieve their professional goals. Viewed as an effective team member and has ability to influence senior leaders.
Occasional exposure to wet/and or humid conditions; The employee will occasionally lift packages up to 20 lbs.; Frequently required to walk; Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions.
COMPENSATION: $14.50 – $16.00/hr (Based on experience)
LOCATION: Bays Landing East and West
Lakeshore Management is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, or protected veteran status. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including pre-employment drug screening. Lakeshore is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace, for the purpose of workplace safety and health. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Covid-19 Protocols for all Candidates:
• Social Distancing (6 feet)
• Masks are required
• We provide sanitizer to keep hands clean
• If arrangements are needed please discuss with Hiring Manager