Job Type Full-time
Full Job Description
Administrative Assistant (Full-Time) Patel Conservatory at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts
Be Part of the Show at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts!
Located in downtown Tampa, the Straz offers flexible hours, event-based schedules including evenings and weekends, and a team-based work environment. Straz benefits for full-time staff include options for health/dental, vision, and other benefits plus a generous 403(b) plan.
This role provides general administrative and clerical support to the Education Department of the Patel Conservatory at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates calendars and meetings and provides administrative support to the Director and department heads.
- Tracks all expenses and reconciles them with monthly general ledger reports.
- Compiles weekly status report of enrollments, tuition, and ticketing.
- Manages mail for the department.
- Maintains files, databases, and Intranet page.
- Assists in the preparation of reports and minutes for meetings. Assembles materials for distribution.
- Collects and enters data for statistical reports and Accreditation maintenance.
- Processes daily admissions deposits.
- Processes donation requests for show tickets and classes.
- Compiles receipts and completes expense reports.
- Coordinates financial settlements for show productions and events. Including:
- Tracking and coding expenses and receipts.
- Gathering invoices from other Straz Center departments.
- Assembling all settlement paperwork according to standard practices.
- Coordinates volunteer program.
- Coordinates departmental functions and special events and performs other duties when necessary to ensure the overall smooth operation of the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities): *
- The nature of this job requires that the employee work on-site as a regular work routine.
- Self-motivated with strong administrative and organizational skills, along with close attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work productively in teams and to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends, as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- College degree preferred, but not required. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Two to three years administrative and project management experience.
The David A. Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals represented. A_ll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please visit our website at www.StrazCenter.org to learn more about the StrazCenter.