Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Position Description: Administrative Assistant – Florida
FSLA Classifications: Non- Exempt
Reports To: C Suite & Director positions
Created: October 1, 2021
To provide appropriate office management and administrative support to the C Suite & Director positions.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and maintain office correspondences and reports (i.e. payroll, employment, accounting, residents) in accordance with policy and procedures
- Maintain contact lists
- Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Maintain the office in an environment conducive to work Organize and schedule appointments and meetings
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Generate and assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports and meeting documents
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Perform research for reports and meetings. Participate in the preparation of the materials using Power Point or other platforms
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Coordinate office procedures
- Reply to email, telephone, or face to face inquiries
- Resolve administrative problems
- Organize and provide travel arrangements and general support for senior managers, book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels, etc.
- Handle multiple projects
- Have the ability to stay organized and reach desired results within an ambiguous work environment
- Must be able to pass a Level II Background Screening
- High School degree or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Management and Administration preferred.
- At least three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, Office 2010 applications. Aptitude to learn other software programs as required for this position.
- Occasional travel
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Occasionally moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions. Special Demands
- Ability to write and edit effectively; ability to communicate the written and spoken work work word with tact, professionalism, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary
- Possess good organizational skills, able to meet deadlines, self-starter and able to work under pressure
- Ability to meet the public in a manner that reflects creditably upon the organization and must have the ability to deal with individual(s) served and staff in a manner that is conducive to harmony and their best efforts
- Must be adaptable and have the ability to make decisions
- Must have understanding, patience and tact professionalism in dealing with individual(s) served, their families or advocates and other agencies involved in providing supports for individual(s) served
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks under the general direction of the ED and COO
- Must be able to work without close personal supervision
- Project a positive and proper appearance for Evergreen
- Duties are highly confidential and require comprehensive knowledge of Evergreen’s policies, procedures, and operations. Responsibilities require the use of discretion, judgment, tact, and poise.
- This position will not have direct reports.
- Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation. Must pass drug screen and criminal background check. Must be able to work some evenings when required
- General office environment.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Evergreen Life Services
I want more than just a job.
I want to make a difference in people’s lives.
I want to make a difference in my community.
We want to make a difference too. Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Sometimes that reward is a smile or a song from a resident, sometimes it’s the reward of knowing you helped a resident to learn daily life skills, like setting a table or preparing a meal. It could be watching a resident make beautiful artwork in one of our studios. Every day you will have opportunities to help those with intellectual or physical disabilities feel that they are a part of a community that cares.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.
We have nearly 2000 employees and more than 1100 individuals served in eight states, including Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team, because at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen, in its mission is to serve, provide for and champion individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is looking for qualified, caring individuals to work with us.