The Real Estate Development Project Manager will perform tasks associated with residential and commercial real estate development to include finance, development, acquisition, construction management, and on-going asset management support. We are currently seeking a strong candidate with a real estate finance background particularly in multi-family affordable housing such as 9% LIHTC, 4% Bond, HOME, and other governmental financings to join our property development team. This position will report to the Director of Real Estate Development.
Roles and Responsibilities for Real Estate Development Project Manager
- Management of the entitlements and due diligence phase of work.
- Conducting early-stage financial feasibility analysis.
- Assisting within site selection and acquisition, including funding.
- Developing pro-formas and financial models.
- Completing and submitting applications for grants, equity, and loan programs including LIHTC, Bonds, other government sources, and conventional.
- Underwrite development sources and uses.
- Managing permitting, planning and the municipal/community approval process. Which may include attendance at hearings, neighborhood meetings, funding meetings, and fostering a team approach to obtaining neighborhood acceptance, where required.
- Soliciting, negotiating, and overseeing third-party consultant services and project teams.
- This may include on-going coordination between architects, contractors, and other members of the project development team.
- Assisting with the closings for purchase, loan, and equity investments.
- Managing development projects and project budgets, including third-party consultant contracts.
- Assembling and submitting payment applications to lenders.
- Ensuring compliance with funding requirements and city, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for financial close out in conjunction with asset management.
- Maintaining community, investor, and lender relationships.
- Assisting with understanding residential market trends in the targeted neighborhoods.
- Assuming other related duties as assigned including meeting with supervisor and providing written and oral progress reports.
Qualifications and Requirements for Real Estate Development Project Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance with a concentration on Real Estate Development or Finance.
- Experience with affordable housing development projects, Senior Living and other multifamily and mixed-use development projects and skills in the following:
- Running project financial models
- Knowledgeable in all facets of the development process, including permitting, contractor selection and construction implementation, establishing project budgets, and financial analysis.
- Proven track record securing and closing financing for affordable housing and public infrastructure development in the role of owner/developer.
- Familiar with tax credit regulations using the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and/or 4% Bond programs
Preferred Qualification, Knowledge and Skills Requirements for Real Estate Development Project Manager
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or Finance with a concentration on Real Estate Development may be substituted for one year of work experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Development Project: 5 years (Required)
- Project Financial: 5 years (Required)
- Financial Management: 5 years (Required)
- Real Estate: 5 years (Required)
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Company’s Facebook page: