The Property Manager is a supervisory position with authority, responsibility, and accountability to plan, implement and monitor operations, profitability, quality service, marketing and resident relations of the property, while protecting the company investment. Trains and supervises on-site personnel. Works with administrative division staff, other site managers, other management company employees, outside vendors and service providers. Utilize management skills to train, motivate and empower our associates to reach their goals and those of our property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
1) Schedule, supervise and direct the daily activities of all on-site staff.
- Prioritize, assign and monitor daily activities, service requests, make-ready priorities and construction projects.
- Conduct training, coaching and disciplinary action, as needed, per standards of the management company.
- Complete performance appraisals as scheduled.
- Create an atmosphere of cooperation, enthusiasm, service urgency, teamwork, customer satisfaction, and professionalism among staff members.
- Supervise management of inventory system in conjunction with maintenance supplies and personnel.
2) Responsibility of fiscal budgetary compliance to approved operation budgets.
- Complete budget preparation, and annual property inspection for same.
- Maintain a budget control log and reviews financial statements monthly.
- Achieve budget goals regarding occupancy, expenses, etc.
- Review monthly income and expense reports and report on any variance from budget.
- Negotiate for supplies and services with vendors and contractors to achieve best possible prices.
- Obtain purchase orders per policy and advises supervisor of any expense overages.
- Ensure all invoices are processed/posted on a daily basis per company standards.
- Maintain cash receipt journal, daily and monthly reports.
3) Compliance with management company personnel and operations policy and procedures and compliance to company standards.
- Stay abreast of current policies and guidelines, maintain policy manual as changes are effected, review and monitor policies with employees to ensure compliance.
- Inspect property daily to ensure quality presentation of the community.
- Maintain resident relations, deal with complaints and problems relating to service and lease provisions.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports per standard.
- Process and select new residents in accordance with the management company’s criteria
- Maintain records and resident files in an orderly and up-to-date manner to comply with rules and regulations.
- Prepare legal action for eviction when necessary.
- Oversee service agencies inspections including preparation for, and corrections to deficiencies noted on report.
- Exemplary skilled at reducing delinquency.
.4) Plan, promote and implement effective Resident Retention program.
5) Performs other relates duties as assigned by management.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience in managing affordable housing properties – Minimum 5 years
- Affordable Housing Certifications a plus. (HCCP, COS, C3P, TCS, etc.)
- Ability to supervise staff,
- Proficient in Yardi or similar software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, safety conscious,
- Ability to assert yourself, preference for detail work,
- Ability to work well under pressure, self-motivation and self-direction
- Ability to work with/without direct supervision
- Ability to become a team leader.
- Bilingual – highly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Bilingual – Spanish (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative