Pole Star Space Applications is expanding and opening a new office and building a new team in the Greater Tampa Bay Area of Florida. We are a leading provider of ship-centric tracking, monitoring, compliance, and risk management services to the shipping & offshore, government, and financial markets & compliance sectors. Established in 1998, we are a privately owned company headquartered in London (UK), with regional offices covering the globe. We strive to be the digital eyes and ears of the seas.
As the Office Manager (ISM) you will a key part of the set-up team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer USA and responsible for supporting the team by organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organize meetings and managing databases
- Booking transport and accommodation for visitors and business trips
- Organize company events, for example, client seminars or workshops
- Business expenses reporting
- Contact local suppliers to request services when needed.
- Maintain contact with property landlord about the building repairs and maintenance
- Obtain quotations for and ordering the furniture, services and office supplies/stationery.
- Make the Purchase Orders in SAP for the Finance Team and managing office budget.
- Check and approve office invoices
- Support to the different teams and liaising with staff, suppliers and client
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/office and HR admin systems
- In conjunction with Senior Relationship Manager, organize induction program for new employees
- Ensuring health and safety policies are up to date
Liaise with Head of HR in London and assist with Pole Star’s HR function by keeping personnel records up to date and:
· Organizing staff events, for example, staff parties and other celebrations
· Monitoring employee timekeeping and attendance
· Advising on staff benefits or directing enquiries to relevant place
· Liaising on monthly payroll
· Checking job advertisements and advising best place to advertise. Participating in interviews, if required.
You will be expected to have or working towards having:
- A minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Experience working on confidential matters
- Awareness of ISO standards
- At least 2 years of experience in dealing with internal and external customers
- Proven office management for the set-up and day-to-day running of an office
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- The ability to obtain a US Security Clearance.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as strong problem-solving abilities
- Skilled at organizing
We offer all of our employees a generous benefits package to show how much we appreciate their contribution to our successful business. The benefits are optional, you can all of them or none of them
- life assurance, company funded to 3x salary
- 10% bonus
- 5% 401K pension scheme
- Medical, Optical, Dental, Disability insurance
- 20 days holiday (and can buy or sell more days)
- refer-a-friend recruitment bonus scheme
- gym membership subsidy
- charity and volunteering day
Administrative Human Resources
Maritime Computer Software Government Administration