This is important administrative work with a high degree of difficulty and responsibility supporting the administrative functions of the Real Estate and Property Management Department. Work requires extensive expertise in the skilled use of a personal computer to prepare and maintain various spreadsheets, databases and reports; the ability to compose and edit correspondence, memoranda and reports; and scheduling administrative appointments involving the department director, including interdepartmental meeting appointments on multiple meeting room calendars. Work includes handling all administrative functions including payroll and personnel transactions, performance evaluations for the department, serving as the primary contact for purchasing and procurement of needed supplies, performing file maintenance and invoice payables functions for the department, serving as the department’s primary assistant for generating letters, making travel arrangements, and contract services; processing cash receipts; department liaison for municipal building issues. An employee in this class must exercise a high degree of professional discretion and tact when handling sensitive or confidential information and must be familiar with organizational programs, policies and procedures.
Salary: $17.36 – $26.46 Hourly
Close Date: 01-29-2020 (11:59 PM EST)
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have a valid high school diploma/GED equivalency.
- Have at least two years of responsible experience in an administrative support position using advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word.
- Have good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database entry to produce required documents and reports.
- Have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
- Be able to perform competently while balancing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Have knowledge of business English, proofreading, and use of correct punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Be able to compose complete error-free correspondence and documents for a variety of target audiences on behalf of the department.
- Be able to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Are proficient in the use of Outlook, Oracle eBusiness and Kronos.
- Are able to efficiently and effectively multitask, responding to rapidly changing administrative demands.
- Are skilled at record keeping, document maintenance, and planning and organizing.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams.
How To Apply
Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobs – Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.